The Executive Personal Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. This position serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO. This position will also serve as a liaison to senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
- Completes broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing email correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas; compiling documents for travel-related meetings, take notes and responsible for the distribution of meeting minutes, agendas and meeting packages; occasionally perform out-of-office errands or requests.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides gatekeeper and gateway role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with staff and others on matters related to the CEO’s programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes and follows up on incoming emails, issues and other concerns addressed to the CEO, including items of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments. Demonstrate leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities. Acts as a barometer – having the sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization; manages a variety of special projects which may have an impact on the organization.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs, handles matters expeditiously, proactively and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Ensures that the CEO’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the CEO and the organization in general.
Senior Management Liaison
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending meetings in the absence of the CEO.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings.
- Assists in requests of executive/senior management, where appropriate.
Associate’s Degree or equivalent of work experience and some college coursework
At least 2 years of secretarial or office manager experience
Prior management, sales, or customer service experience preferred but not required
- Proficient understanding of MS Office Programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Ability to learn MiTek’s/IED’s internal computer systems
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with staff and external partners
- Demonstrates proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful, with the ability to be effective and independent
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response
- Demonstrates ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
MiTek/AtlasIED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.