Collaborate with the Customer or Product Management team, Engineering Development resources, Sourcing, Manufacturing operations, Quality, and Executive Management team to manage all phases of the Stage Gate development from new product proposals to mass production.
- Project Planning—Interface with the functional support team to document the project major milestone timing, budget spending, financial business case metrics and risk management efforts to present this for executive review and approval.
- Project Execution—Work with all functional groups of the organization to shepherd project through the Stage Gate process.
- Monitor—Review inputs and outputs of the stage gate process and update the project plan as needed.
- Communicate— Throughout the execution of the product development stage gates periodically communicate status and changes to the project plan to the project team, executive team and the product owner or customer.
- Coordinate--Act as liaison between Sales, Manufacturing, and Engineering Departments to ensure accurate order fulfillment.
- Create a timeline schedule to show major task duration and dependencies of the project deliverables
- Establish and control a budget to reflect estimated and actual spending for capital and operational expenses
- Maintain the project financial metrics to reflect changes in the business case
- Identify risks to the timeline, budget, business case or technical requirements and propose mitigation or contingency plans
- Schedule and conduct project status and stage gate review meetings as needed.
- Work with sourcing team to create a sourcing strategy for components and submit PO reqs to ensure items from third party vendors, manufacturers are ordered and received in time to meet project milestones.
- Coordinate project hardware and custom software DVPR efforts to meet delivery requirements.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business, or equivalent acquired from at least two years of industry related experience which
can include system related products, audio system design, project management and technical support.
Minimum of two years in related industry — system related products, audio system design, project management and technical
Minimum of two years’ experience in development of new products and bringing to market
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient understanding and use with all MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Proficient understanding with Visio and/or AutoCAD
- Proficient understanding of MS Project or equivalent scheduling tools
- Experience with computer based audio systems preferred
- Knowledge of basic audio principals, Audio/Visual system contracting and basic networking
- Ability to learn MiTek's internal computer systems
- Ability to work with outside and inside vendors
- System Contracting or Consulting Experience a plus
- Ability to maintain accounts/orders
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering technical information
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.