Provide technical assistance to computer system users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for partners in person, via telephone or from a remote location. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, preventative maintenance, electronic mail, mobile devices, and operating systems.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors, and oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
- Performs routine operations such as creating users in a Windows 2003 Active Directory environment, maintaining security procedures, data backups, file recovery procedures, etc. Assists with on-site question/issues regarding LAN connectivity and access.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment following design or installation guidelines and refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Maintain and setup user accounts on phone system i.e., maintain voice mail and extensions, setup new user accounts.
- Installs and upgrades user hardware (PC media storage, printers, faxes, other peripherals) and software components (O/S, applications). Coordinates all necessary maintenance operations: Windows, MS Office applications, E-mail, other applications, utilities, etc.
- Responsible for answering, logging and responding to help calls. Provides first level troubleshooting support. Answers questions and resolves problems in a timely manner using standard procedures through direct assistance. Maintains problem-reporting information to help identify root causes of problems and related solutions. Keeps end-user documentation up-to-date and writes new documentation as needed.
- Supervise and coordinate workers engaged in problem-solving, monitoring, and installing data communication equipment and software.
- Responsible for implementing and managing a preventative maintenance program approved by management to achieve proactive response to system degradation.
- Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users.
- Modify and customize commercial programs for internal needs.
- Conduct office automation feasibility studies, including workflow analysis, space design or cost comparison analysis.
Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school)
One to two years related experience
- Proficient with all MS Office Software
- Intermediate understanding of the HP system
- Exceptional hardware knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot hardware and software
- Intermediate understanding of telephones
- Network cable (RS 232 and LAN cable installation)
Normal Office Setting