The Facility Manager performs work of considerable difficulty in directing, supervising and coordinating the production and operational activities within the facility. This is a management level position supervising and coordinating the daily activities which include technical guidance to subordinate supervisors and semi-skilled workers. There will be involvement in personnel policy decisions and responsibility for the facility’s adherence to Human Resources guidelines. This position oversees all services and maintenance assuring the safe and efficient operation of all equipment utilized for production activities. The Facility Manager will assist in determining the actual needs for material and equipment, making necessary contacts to various vendors in order to inquire about information as to availability, prices, and delivery. The Facility Manager will be required to make daily inspections to ensure a smooth and effective operation, and the development and implementation of activities aimed at Continuous Improvement in the facility.
- Responsible for submitting a facility budget and adhering to MiTek cost guidelines.
- Determine standards, budgets, production goals, and rates, based on company policies, equipment and labor availability, and workloads.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports, in order to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Responsible for adherence to state and local codes applying to the physical plant and equipment’s condition and operation.
- Ability to takes charge of all emergencies and ensures responsible back-up is available in order to take corrective action as necessary.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments. Communicate daily on production schedules, KPI’s, and issues.
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Pro-actively recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency. Recommend personnel actions such as hiring’s and promotions.
- Maintain operations data such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results. Communicate those results daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly to upper management. Ability to see trends and proactively take action to improve negative trends while maintaining and striving for continuous improvement. Confer with Purchasing as needed for component availability and /or vendor issues.
- Ability to eliminate waste based on LEAN experience.
- Confer with Engineering as needed for quality and production related issues pertaining to design.
- Ability to drive quality and efficiency.
- Oversee the safety of the team and facility per company and OSHA guidelines and requirements.
- Responsible for identifying continuous improvement projects as well as challenge the entire team to bring thoughts and ideas forward for improvements.
- Ability to work within the production schedule to consistently achieve 90% on time work order completion at all times.
- ISO auditing.
- Maintaining of the KPIs, Internal DPPM charts, Weekly Shipment Report, and the MR file data collection and update.
- Oversee the Daily Production Meeting and oversee the purchase order approval process.
- Oversee operations on the production floor. Includes challenging production processes to ensure quality, efficiency and continual flow are in line with company standards.
- Oversee cycle counts and challenge facility organization.
- Ability to maintain a spotless and organized facility.
Bachelor's Degree, BSME or BSIE preferred, or equivalent
Minimum 5 years, preferably 10 years, leadership experience in a manufacturing/electronics environment
Minimum 5 plus years’ experience with process improvements, determining root cause, tooling, project costing methods, assembly procedures, bill of material structure, manufacturing performance results reporting and strong computer skills
Minimum 5 plus years’ experience with Operating and Capital Budget process/development
Two years in the development and implementation of lean principles
Lean training to include 5S, Kaizen, Visual Factory, and proven leadership and team building skills
Six Sigma experience preferred
Fluent in Spanish language skills preferred
Proven manufacturing leader that is employee engaged and focused
- Proficient with all MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of Solid works, Trumpf Tops, Salvagnini, and Cincinnati CNC software a plus.
- Ability to navigate through MiTek's internal systems.
- Working knowledge of Sage.
- Ability and understanding of various Federal, State and County codes and regulations.
- Ability to set priorities and make appropriate decisions on repairs or assignments contingent upon availability of parts or manpower.
- Ability to develop long-term plans and programs and to evaluate work accomplishments.
- Ability to conduct in-service training programs in the effort of promising good safe work habits.
- Understanding of Employment Laws.
- Understanding of OSHA.
- Ability to be a strong, effective communicator and be willing to listen.
Normal office setting and manufacturing environment with noise and uncontrolled temperature