Salt Lake City, UT
MiTek Corporation is a family owned and operated parent company to brands including MTX Audio, Xtant, Coustic and AtlasIED. MiTek's experience in designing, manufacturing, and selling high performance commercial, mobile, residential, marine, and motorsports audio has created some of the best equipment on the market.
MiTek offers a comprehensive benefits package along with long term growth opportunities across its many brands. Come join the family!
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Front-End UI Engineer with a passion for audio and maintaining software. Ideal candidates will have excellent communication and organizational skills, be self-motivated, able to multi-task and work efficiently.
Front-End UI Engineer is responsible for implementation and maintenance of user interfaces and communication to back-end systems of AtlasIED audio/video distribution and management software. This position is also responsible for critical testing and triaging of problems prior to, and during, product validation. The Front-End UI Engineer will be involved with existing, expanding, and greenfield projects.
Looking for qualified candidates in the Salt Lake City, UT market.
- Develop, document, and implement designs for new product interfaces in accordance with Quality Control Standards, policies and procedures.
- Develop a combination of web UI, progressive web apps (PWA), computer software (PC, Mac) and mobile apps (iOS, Android) for a variety of applications.
- Collaborate with other software, firmware, network, and DSP engineers to develop working solutions to various challenges.
- Collaborate with UX Designers and Product Managers to create technical definitions and implementation strategies.
- Sustain existing products by implementing new features, extending current capabilities, maintaining product interfaces, and fixing bugs.
- Triage problems that are found after UI implementation to determine likely root cause.
- Develop test automation systems for both UI and system-level testing.
- Develop test procedures to be used by others for validating new or revised code implementations.
- Work with Project Managers and other developers to create accurate time estimates for projects.
- Develop design documentation which may include text, flow charts, and other appropriate representations.
- Participate in code reviews and create project documentation including block diagrams, state diagrams, coding specifications, product descriptions, etc.
- Angular web UI development.
- UI development for ongoing complex audio video products.
- UI planning and development for greenfield audio and/or video products.
- Break larger plan down to smaller tasks and determine plan and timeline to meet project milestones.
- Assist UX Designer as technical consultant in design possibilities.
- Assist in the development and application of acceptance test criteria for products.
- Support legacy Angular code as necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with a strong computer programming background
Requires a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the software engineering field/position
- Quality experience with relevant web technologies, languages, and tools: Node, Angular, HTML, CSS, JSON, etc.
- Familiarity with and practice SOLID design principles
- Preferred additional experience in other programming languages: Python, C++, etc.
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS, Azure, or other.
- Experience with desktop application UI technology such as WPF, WinForms, etc.
- Experience with Git distribution version control.
- Experience with relevant network technologies, communication protocols, APIs, and tools: TCP/IP, SSH, WebSockets, JSON-RPC, RESTful services, etc.
- The ability to coordinate with backend developers to maintain consistent interfaces and APIs.
- Experience or interest in audio/video.
- Ability to break large problems down into smaller tasks and help create development plan.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
MiTek/AtlasIED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.