Responsible for the staff and equipment located in all sheet metal fabrication areas. The Supervisor attends daily production planning meetings and moves people to assignments which will fulfill production needs, communicates daily with Maintenance to ensure high levels of equipment up time, performs formal and informal quality audits of processes and procedures; instills a zero defect mindset with the operators, and ensures procedures are in-line with current ISO documentation. The Supervisor creates a working environment that encourages continuous improvement ideas and implements change with Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Execute daily production plans & develop weekly schedules with Planning.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports, in order to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Will communicate short and long term staffing and equipment needs with the Facility Manager.
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions.
- Demonstrate equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees, or assign employees to experienced workers for training.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Plan and develop new products and production processes.
- Identify waste and opportunity for improvements.
- Complete continuous improvement projects with Mechanical Engineering support.
- Recommend and request tooling and fixture purchases or upgrades.
- Assist Maintenance in keeping equipment to OEM specs through daily PM’s and cleaning; inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Coach sheet metal team in safe and productive process methods.
- Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve productions methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
- Communicate with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments to meet overall plant goals.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Two to four years related experience in Fabrication and/or Production and Supervision
- Basic Office Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to learn MiTek's Internal System
- Basic Knowledge of Solid Works, Trumpf Tops, Salvagnini, and Cincinnati CNC software a plus
- Solid knowledge of Precision Sheet Metal methods and procedures
- A solid understanding of applicable Lean Manufacturing techniques such as flow, set up reduction, cycle time reduction, and building quality into the process is required
Warehouse setting--varied climate