The Mechanical Design Engineering Manager is responsible for creating and/or managing 2D and 3D drawings for new product development. The position provides instructions, specifications and drawings related to the design, development, and implementation of hardware for products and improvement.
- Will manage partners, delegate workload and effectively coach to provide most accurate and timely deliveries of company goals.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; is familiar with concepts, practices, and procedures within multiple on going projects.
- Creates project instructions, specifications, and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, and test the nature of technical problems such as redesign.
- Utilize or direct the use of machinery to fabricate and assemble engineering prototypes.
- Set-up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate proposals for improving product performance. Analyze test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives, and modify or adjust equipment to meet specifications.
- Executes trouble-shooting techniques and provides suggested corrective actions.
- Works with other teams, national and international, to determine cost of products and product improvements.
Set-up prototype and test apparatus and operate test controlling equipment to observe and record prototype test results.
Conducts weekly Engineering meeting.
Test products or equipment using test devices such as calipers, micrometers and other measuring devices.
Generates and maintains timeline information on design projects.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Minimum of 5 year's experience in Mechanical Design, preferrably in manufacturing and audio environment
- Proficient with MS Office Software (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Proficient with MS Project
- Proficient with Solidworks or other similar 3D solid modeling CAD program
- Knowledgeable in file translations required between programs and/or operating systems
- Proficient at mining information from online resources
- Able to create and utilize Adobe PDF documents
- Experience with manufacturing processes related to sheet-metal and stamping
- Ability to learn company catalog part numbers
- Able to manage and coach other partners
- Ability to think in three dimensions and use constructive imagination
- Artistic free-hand sketching ability would be helpful
- Knowledge of requirements due to an ISO 9001 environment would be helpful
- Requires some public speaking skills for meeting and presentations
- Knowledgeable with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within product design
- Knowledgeable with standard drafting concept
Normal office setting