Responsible for reconciling and collecting delinquent and seriously delinquent accounts on an assigned territory.
Confer with customers by telephone or in person to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales, service, or credit contracts and advise them of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment and/or negotiate credit extensions and payment plans when necessary.
Persuade customers to pay amounts due on credit accounts, damage claims, or non-payable checks, or to return merchandise.
Notify credit departments, order merchandise repossession or service discontinuation, and turn over account records to attorneys when customers fail to respond to collection attempts as well as recommend accounts to charge off.
Communicate with customer service to acquire necessary documentation to resolve disputes, reconcile accounts, and release accounts from credit hold.
Provide customer service with regards to terms, order entry, shipping and other issues as needed to maintain positive customer relationships.
Perform various administrative functions for assigned accounts, such as recording address changes, sorting correspondence and purging the records of non collectable customers.
Trace delinquent customers to new addresses by inquiring at post offices, telephone companies, credit bureaus, or through the questioning of neighbors.
Assist collectors in communicating with customer service to acquire necessary documentation to resolve disputes.
Core Corporate Qualities
Core Position Qualities
High School Diploma or its equivalent
One to two years of credit/collection experience
Experience with Import/export and international customer service preferred
• Proficient understanding of MS Office Programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Ability to learn MiTek’s internal computer systems
• Must also be knowledgeable on credit/collection policies and procedure
• Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and maintaining general ledgers
• Ability to work with outside and inside vendors
• Ability to maintain accounts/orders
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Confidentiality concerning financial files
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.