Salt Lake City, UT
MiTek Corporation is a family owned and operated parent company to brands including MTX Audio, Xtant, Coustic and AtlasIED. MiTek's experience in designing, manufacturing, and selling high performance commercial, mobile, residential, marine, and motorsports audio has created some of the best equipment on the market.
MiTek offers a comprehensive benefits package along with long term growth opportunities across its many brands. Come join the family!
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Senior Electrical Design Engineer with a passion for audio and managing numerous projects simultaneously in addition to mentoring Junior level Engineers. Ideal candidates will have excellent communication and organizational skills, be self-motivated, able to multi-task and work efficiently.
The Senior Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for the design, development, and improvement of new and existing products to meet the needs of our customers. This includes coordinating with the Engineering Department on requirements and development of new products in a fashion that is efficient, on time and error free.
Looking for qualified candidates in the Salt Lake City, UT market.
- Create documentation for projects including block diagrams, state diagrams, product descriptions and other required documents per ISO Standards, company policies and/or procedures.
- Participate in hardware design reviews to ensure that designs are on time, in budget and in line with customers/sales expectations.
- Debug prototypes of new boards, including documentation of test procedures, test specifications, test jigs, etc.
- Create Schematics and/or layouts for hardware projects.
- Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are encountered before, during and after construction.
- Must be able to perform feasibility studies, design and construct specialized test jigs/fixtures for testing developmental stage items, breadboard specialized circuitry for evaluation and review and interface with suppliers as needed.
- Will verify second source part compatibility via comprehensive testing, train technicians on technical aspects and conduct reverse engineering of competitive products.
- Responsible for the electrical design, development, testing and debugging of circuitry for audio products and PCB design using schematic capture software.
- Assemble electrical and electronic systems and prototypes according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Modify electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations.
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies or systems under simulated operating conditions and record results.
- Communicate with design and manufacturing engineers to bring new products from concept to production.
- Provides support for customer problems/complaints. This could be in-house, telephone, modem, on site, etc.
- Collaborate with electrical engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve development problems.
- Analyze and interpret test information to resolve design-related problems.
- Prepare project cost and work-time estimates.
- Draw or modify diagrams and write engineering specifications to clarify design details and functional criteria of experimental electronics units.
- Review the work of others within the team and coach as necessary.
- Review existing electrical engineering criteria to identify necessary revisions, deletions, or amendments to outdated material.
- Plan method and sequence of operations for developing and testing experimental electronic and electrical equipment.
- Proficiency in the use of electronic test equipment, comprehensive understanding of electronic circuitry theory.
- Comprehensive understanding of mechanical PCB design for audio and power circuitry.
- Interface with electronic fabricators to resolve any production or test issues.
Bachelor's Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
Minimum of 7-10 years circuit design experience required
Minimum of 7-10 years in audio design required
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Proficiency with oscilloscopes, meters, and other basic lab equipment.
- Familiarity with CAD tools
- Knowledge of embedded systems, hardware, and firmware
- Knowledge of DSP algorithms and programming methods
- Knowledge of audio concepts, circuits, embedded systems, PLD programming – all a plus
- Knowledge of Surface Mount Technology required
- Programming in assembly, C, and C++ on limited basis, such as for new design testing
- Ability to travel within the US or international
- One year ISO 9001 or QS 9000 work environment a plus.
Normal office setting, except when traveling.
MiTek/AtlasIED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.