MiTek Corporation is a family owned and operated parent company to brands including MTX Audio, Xtant, Coustic and AtlasIED. MiTek's experience in designing, manufacturing, and selling high performance commercial, mobile, residential, marine, and motorsports audio has created some of the best equipment on the market.
MiTek offers a comprehensive benefits package along with long term growth opportunities across its many brands. Come join the family!
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Senior Acoustics Engineer with a passion for audio to support our commercial division. Ideal candidates will have excellent communication and organizational skills, be self-motivated, able to multi-task and work efficiently leading the department.
The Senior Acoustic Engineer is responsible for designing transducer, enclosure, and loudspeaker/microphone products from beginning-concept into the final marketplace.
Looking for qualified candidates in the Phoenix, AZ market.
- Interfaces with other engineers, technicians, and project team members in order to determine and achieve the desired product requirements.
- Discusses design, method of manufacture, method of test, potential suppliers, CAD requirements, and other procedures with team members to coordinate product development and realization.
- Supports Material Planning with vendor/supplier quotes and price negotiations, recommendations, and problem resolution and technical issues/questions.
- Researches new techniques, products, materials, and processes as well as new vendors/suppliers as required.
- Works to optimize the integration of acoustic components and concepts into product designs.
- Perform acoustic calculations and simulations, provide acoustic requirements for product specifications, evaluate product and project requirements, and assist in development of products.
- Preparation/review of test plans, procedures, and reports including assessment of validity of test methods, results, etc.
- Set up and conduct acoustic and electronic tests as required for product or component evaluation and/or validation. Perform required tests for product verification, validation, quality, and production. Observe and record test results. Generate formal test and design evaluation reports for engineering approval.
- Design, document, assemble, and evaluate/test prototype and modified production acoustic products.
- Provide written and resource data into the company’s ISO-driven PLM system.
- Provide written proposals and justifications for improving product performance, reliability, cost, etc.
- Provide written engineering change packages to drive product development and production part changes for company approval.
- Provide or suggest sources for new products/components. Perform required tests to evaluate new products/components.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Acoustic Engineering, or Physics
Minimum of five years’ acoustic engineering experience – speaker/subwoofer design experience preferred
- Proficient using MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook).
- Understanding and experience with some acoustic test and simulation systems (MLSSA, LEAP, LMS, EASERA, Klippel, SoundCheck, TEF, DATS, BassBox Pro, Clio, Audio Precision, etc.).
- Ability to learn MiTek’s internal systems and other programs as needed.
- Experience using Audio Precision is a plus.
- Experience using FineCone or FineMotor speaker FEA or COMSOL or ANSYS SW is a plus.
- Experience using SolidWorks 3D CAD is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of vibration theory, structural mechanics, and failure analysis of materials.
- Proficient understanding of materials used in speaker manufacturing.
- Willing to travel internationally on a periodic basis.
- Extensive experience with acoustics, noise control, and acoustic modeling.
- Hands-on skills with hand and power tools.
- Proficient experience with calibrated measuring devices including vernier calipers, micrometers, and electronic multimeters.
- Excellent project management skills comfortable with multiple simultaneous responsibilities.
- Lean Six Sigma experience is a plus.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
Normal office setting except when traveling
MiTek/AtlasIED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.