Manage, coordinate and administer the financial accounting duties for the Mitek businesses. These duties include accounts payable, cash management, month end closing, general maintenance, general ledger reconciliations, financial reporting and other ad hoc analysis. The position is also responsible for staffing, training and managing accounting personnel.
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly tasks to meet required deadlines and utilize personnel efficiently and effectively.
- Implement improvements in the accounting area and look for ways to streamline processes.
- Implement improvements in financial reporting, both in timeliness and improved analysis.
- Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement a program.
- Responsible for directing budgets and cost controls, financial analysis, accounting practices and reports.
- Analyzes and interprets financial data and recommends changes to improve systems and financial performance.
- Help develop the company’s financial plans and preparation of interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, to be communicated to top management.
- Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation.
- Consult with managers to ensure that adjustments are made in accordance with program changes.
Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) in Accounting
Three to seven years related experience as an Accountant, in a Manufacturing/Operations environment
Intermediate understanding of MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Acrobat, and Access)
Ability to learn MiTek’s internal computer systems to interpret, retrieve, and audit financial information
Understanding of tax and usage and International Finance Controls
Advanced knowledge of accounting principles and laws
Advanced knowledge of accounting in a manufacturing/operations environment
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.