MiTek Corporation is a family owned and operated parent company to brands including MTX Audio, Xtant, Coustic and AtlasIED. MiTek's experience in designing, manufacturing, and selling high performance commercial, mobile, residential, marine, and motorsports audio has created some of the best equipment on the market.
MiTek offers a comprehensive benefits package along with long term growth opportunities across its many brands. Come join the family!
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Senior Mechanical Engineer with a passion for audio to support our consumer division. Ideal candidates will have excellent communication and organizational skills, be self-motivated, able to multi-task and work efficiently.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer – Consumer is responsible for all mechanical parts and processes in the development. They are responsible for interacting directly with customers, internal team members, and MiTek vendors. They are the Mechanical lead providing design direction, implementation and documentation. Familiarity with Automotive APQP is essential to the success of this position.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer has a hands-on approach in building and testing prototypes as well as guiding final production through manufacturing facilities (local and abroad). Also, they provide written final specifications for sales and marketing distribution as well as initial instructions and diagrams for customer use. They perform a wide variety of tasks to support the research and development department including regular product troubleshooting and investigation.
Looking for qualified candidates in the Phoenix, AZ market.
- Acts as the department’s subject matter design and manufacturing expert. Guide and advise the engineering department on best practices.
- Relies on Mechanical Engineering experience and judgment to help plan and accomplish product goals.
- Applies CAD and CNC concepts, practices, and procedures as it pertains to design, execution, and delivery of products.
- Works closely and effectively communicates (written and verbal) with other team members in determining product needs. Discusses design, method of manufacture, method of test, possible suppliers, CAD requirements and other procedures with team members to coordinate best product delivery. Once needs are defined, works independently in support team goals and maintains tight project schedule.
- Reviews project instructions, specifications, and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives. Devises test for mechanical strength, life expectancy and/or fit expectations to meet product needs or for product troubleshooting. Analyzes test results in relationship to design specifications or possible changes to products.
- Confer with technicians and submit reports of test results and recommend design or material changes.
- Calculate required capacities for equipment of proposed systems in order to obtain specified performance.
- Effectively communicates product, components and/or tooling requirements with foreign and domestic suppliers through written instruction, test procedures and CAD drawings.
- Lead an engineering team to complete new designs with a “Right First Time, On Time” philosophy, leading by example.
- Provide CAD drawings and product specifications for product manufacturing.
- Fabricate and assemble new or modified products for the commercial industry. Includes using 3D printers to fabricate prototype parts. Design, document and fabricate fixtures and jigs to aid product manufacture.
- Provide written proposals and justifications for improving product performance.
- Provide or suggest sources for new products/components.
- Set-up and conduct tests of units (or components) under operational conditions. Observe and record test results. Generates formal test reporting for engineering approval.
- Provide formal evaluations of 1st off-tool samples or 1st product/component receivables for company approval.
- Provide written ECO packages to drive products and product changes for company approval.
- Provide written and resource data into the company’s ISO-driven PLM system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 15 years related experience acceptable in lieu of BSME
- Other Engineering Bachelor’s Degrees may be applicable with appropriate mechanical design experience
- Minimum 10 years of related experience within an engineering, production, or manufacturing environment
- Other Engineering degrees require a minimum of 7 years of related mechanical design experience within a manufacturing environment.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office Software (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Proficient with Solidworks 3D CAD preferred. Proficiency in other 3D CAD packages may apply
- Proficient with Solidworks Simulation is preferred. Proficiency in other simulation packages may apply
- Proficient with Solidworks PDM.
- Knowledge in Draftsight 2D CAD (or AutoCAD) is a plus
- Knowledge in CNC Programming and programming packages is a plus
- Proficient with 3D Printers
- Proficient in file translations required between programs and /or operating systems
- Requires experience with manufacturing processes related to sheet-metal and stamping
- Requires basic skill with hand-tool utilization including wrenches, screw drivers, drills, and metal shears
- Must be proficient with calibrated measuring devices including vernier caliper, micrometers, and electronic multimeters
- Due to the amount of written communication, clear writing skills must be demonstrated
Normal office setting, except when working in the manufacturing facility.
MiTek/AtlasIED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.